–One white (or solid) Charm Pack
-One Charm Pack with 20 different colors and 2 of each piece or cut 20 different 5″ squares, 2 each. We used Petal and Plume.
Purchase the Kit HERE.
Purchase the finished good HERE.
1. To begin, place each color charm square right sides together with one white charm square.
2. Then using a fabric marker, draw a diagonal line across all of your white squares.
3. Sew on both sides of the line you drew, 1/4″ from line. Repeat with all your squares.
4. Cut each square on the line you drew between the seams using a rotary cutter and ruler.
5. Set the seam by placing the white side down (colored side facing up) and press the colored side to set the seam.
6. Set the seam on the colored side, flip it over and iron the colored side down making sure the colored seam is to the colored side otherwise, you will be able to see the seam allowance.
(This technique is good for when you are using a light color and a dark color like white vs. red)
7. After you have ironed out the squares, trim your corners with a rotary cutter.
8. Separate squares into piles of like colors.
9. Take two squares and align according to picture. Sew 1/4″ seam. Take other two squares of the same color and repeat.
10. Sew the two pieces together with a 1/4″ seam to create a block. Repeat with all other squares.
11.To finish, sew four blocks together to make a row. After you sew five rows of four blocks each, sew your rows together. Pin as you go to assure perfectly aligned seams.
Good luck ladies and happy quilting!