So many of you know I have four little children so sad to say I get to spend little time in my actual sewing room. So sad because I love my room and think it is beautiful. I have found that because of this and because of sewing with others (friends and family) that once again I find myself constantly moving to another place and have to set up base all over again.
This last year as a Christmas present Moda sent me this amazing Christmas Gift. It holds eveything that I need and is VERY transportable. All I have to do is pick it up and go.
Here is a list of all of my things that I can’t live without.
- Pins, pins and more pins. You can never have too many pins.
- A big pair of scissors. I use this for all of the larger cuts that I might need to do.
- A small rotary cutter to make those itty bitty little cuts and curves you might need to make.
- An itty bitty pair of scissors. I use this often to snip those annoying loose threads that always “seam” to get away from you.
- A bobbin box with every color of thread for any unexpected project that might come up. You all know it happens. The kids and hubby bring you something really small to do and everytime it is a different color.
- I personally always use TONS of white. You can never have too much white right?
- The picture is really difficult to tell but this is one of my very favorite tools, wonder clips. This is used mainly for help with binding but can be used for anything to help hold your fabric down. I know we all wish we had 10 hands but we don’t, so that is when fabulous wonder clips work. You can get them in small, medium and large. Recently the company started coming out with fun colors rather than just having plain old red. Now you can get pink (my personal favorite), green and spring.
- A Large Rotary Cutter. I use this to cut lots of layers.
- My handy dandy seam ripper. I wish I could say that I don’t make mistakes but to be honest I probably make more mistakes than the average person and practically have this tool tucker behind my ear I use it so often.
- There are lots of cool pens out there to help you with your projects. I am really into making HST (Half Square Triangle) projects and you always need a pen to write on your projects. There are some that will come out with a simple wash and some with heat. Bottom line they are all pretty amazing and I can’t go anywhere without one.
- A bag of safety pins. Just like the regular pin you can never have too many safety pins.
- Once again this is difficult to see in the picture however this is my handy dandy measuring tape.